Tomatoes

Tomatoes

Friday, August 15, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Parmesan


I know that when I first heard of this, my gears were spinning. I like bacon, I like parmesan, and I like dates. But all together was something completely new to wrap my head around. I will say these are hard to make look nice, but it is okay, because if you can get people to bite into them, it will not matter!

Picture courtesy of Food Network, because I could not take a decent photo!

This is before the dates were put into the oven




The dates are done being cooked, look at all of that delicious goodness (told you I can't take a good picture)
I got the dates, de-juicing on the paper towel
  • 18 (1- by 1/4-inch) sticks Parmigiano-Reggiano (from a 1/2-lb piece)
  • 18 pitted dates (preferably Medjool)
  • 6 bacon slices, cut crosswise into thirds



Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
Stuff 1 piece of cheese into each date, then wrap 1 piece of bacon around each date, securing it with a pick. Arrange dates 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan.
Bake 5 minutes, then turn dates over with tongs and bake until bacon is crisp, 5 to 6 minutes more. Drain on a paper bag or parchment. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment